Friday, April 13, 2007

Do you EQ?



Electric Quilt is a powerful software program for designing your own quilts. If you have never seen or used it, this is endless fun, and can be a great tool for figuring out your colors and fabric choices before you do all that sewing. Believe me, it has helped me resist making lots of quilts that I might not have liked. EQ just came out with a new version, EQ6, which has a great new feature: you can scan your fabrics, place them in the design and the program scales them appropriately for you, so they really look like they will in the real quilt. This quilt is an example of one of my "goofing around with EQ" sessions. We have the program here at Thimble Pleasures and I teach a class on how to use it, which is very easy once you get the hang of it. If you would like a quick demo just ask!

No comments: