Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fun with my artista 730


I found this design in the embroidery page of my new 730 and decided to stitch it out late one night, using Isacord thread colors that matched a bright floral fabric with a black background that I had been hoarding in my stash. I put the embroidery design on the front pocket and then made a "Totally Awesome Totebag" out of it. I tried something new for my handles this time. Instead of Craft Fuse and batting in the handles, I covered heavy-weight cotton handle webbing with black fabric. I had some webbing on hand but it wasn't the right color, so the black fabric wrapped around it looks great and makes a nice sturdy handle that won't curl up after lots of carrying. Give that a try next time you make a totebag. I am pretty happy with it! (Now don't be asking for that fabric-you know it's long gone!
Karen

No comments: